The Seller’s Required
Energy Audit (ECAD)
The Seller’s Required Energy Audit (ECAD)
Selling your home or condo in Austin? You may be required to have an energy assessment conducted at your home before you do. It’s all part of the City of Austin’s plan to make our city one of the nation’s leaders in energy efficiency.
At Austin Auditors we understand that you already have your hands full when selling your home. With our quick and easy scheduling, same day turnaround at no extra charge, and some of the most affordable rates around, we can take the hassle out of the ECAD and help homeowners and agents to achieve compliance with the City’s ECAD ordinance.
Does your home require an ECAD audit?
The ECAD ordinance requires that before the sale of a single family property, homeowners must disclose a home energy audit to their potential buyer if all three of the conditions below apply:
- The home is within the Austin Energy service area
- The property lies within the Austin city limits
- The home is 10 years old or older
What to Expect with the ECAD
Once you schedule your audit by phone or email, we will email you a confirmation of your audit time and date.
At the scheduled time and date, our auditor will arrive at your home and conduct the assessment. This usually takes around an hour for a 2000 sq ft home with one A/C unit. Our auditor will inspect and assess the following:
- Any existing window shading and solar screening
- Air infiltration near plumbing areas, exterior door weather stripping, and attic access
- Attic insulation levels
- Efficiency of the heating and cooling systems in your home
- Determine duct leakage levels
Are There Ways I can Prepare my Home for the Audit?
Before our auditor comes by, you can take a few steps to ensure that they will be able to conduct the assessment properly and completely.
- Make sure our auditor has access to the property. We can access by realtor lock box or schedule a time to meet you there.
- Ensure that attic entries and utility closets are free from blockages.
- Make sure the power is on in order for our technician to be able to run the full range of testing (if the home does not have power, we can still conduct the audit, but the duct leakage test will not be completed).
Your Home May Be Exempt
Realtor Appreciation Discounts
We value our ongoing relationships with real estate agents and brokers. As a token of appreciation, we offer special discounts for those Agents and their clients. Contact us regarding our special discounts for Agents who continually use or refer us.
For more information about our pricing or to schedule, please email us or give us a call at 512-879-3567.